v3.9 Release Notes
email@example.com release (July 2021 #1)
Key highlights of this release:
- React 18 - New Suspense SSR Architecture - Enables SSR support for Suspense when using React 18 (Alpha)
- Shopify App for Gatsby Cloud
- gatsby-source-contentful - quality of life improvements
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
We’re happy to announce support for the new React 18 server architecture during build time.
react-dom@alpha, you automatically opt into the new
Now you’re able to use
React.lazy on the server as well.
Following the brand-new Shopify source plugin published in the previous release, this release brings Gatsby Cloud to Shopify App Store.
Install Gatsby Cloud from the app store to quickly connect your Shopify store. Choose an existing project you’ve been working on or get up and running the Shopify starter in seconds.
- Don’t ignore errors thrown when fetching assets via PR #24288
- Re-enable support for gif images via PR #31986
- Force base64 previews to be formatted as JPEG via PR #32155
0.12.0to only have graphql v15 installed via PR #31178
gatsby: Prevent generation of polyfill bundle if not needed via PR #31993
gatsby-plugin-netlify-cms: Limit global styles to preview pane only via PR #32106
gatsby: Add activity for writing out
page-data.jsonfiles via PR #31987
gatsby: Fixed a bug in develop when a new page is not available with HMR via PR #32189
gatsby: Fixed a bug with filtering by custom interface fields (affecting WordPress plugin) via PR #32195
gatsby: Performance improvements to queries with
skipvia PR #32135
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜