v3.1 Release Notes
firstname.lastname@example.org release (March 2021 #2)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
Gatsby’s Fast Refresh modal now respects the
prefers-color-scheme setting from your operating system. Depending on your setting you’ll see the overlay in light or dark mode — which is great because it makes the modal more accessible!
We’ve seen many complaints about the unspecific error
"Error page resources for <path> not found. Not rendering React". There are many reasons why this could happen so we improved our error logging to output the original error. As usual you’ll see the error in DevTools console or in your error tracker.
Consider the following example, it now shows the actual error.
In development mode we also now show the original error when it occurs in
gatsby-browser.js or outside of React components.
Contentful now fully supports
gatsby-plugin-image out of the box. You can find the official docs for gatsby-plugin-image in gatsby-source-contentful the official contentful plugin docs
You can find more information on how to switch to
gatsby-plugin-image by going to our
gatsby-plugin-image migration guide
- gatsby: Fix routing when path starts with @ symbol, via PR #29935
- gatsby: Fix incremental builds when remove trailing slashes is used, via PR #29953
- gatsby: Add build stage to custom babel-preset-gatsby configurations, via PR #30047
- gatsby: Fix hanging Gatsby process between webpack rebuilds in development, via PR 30127
- gatsby: fix SitePage schema, via PR #30132
- gatsby: fix double save during gatsby develop, via PR #30193
- gatsby-plugin-image: Handle placeholder in plugin toolkit correctly, via PR #30141
- gatsby-source-contentful: fix deprecation warnings, via PR #29675