v4.22 Release Notes
email@example.com release (August 2022 #3)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know if you have any issues.
We are adding a new API that we are calling “Slices”. By using a new
<Slice /> React component in combination with a
src/slices directory or
createSlice API for common UI features, Gatsby will be able to build and deploy individual pieces of your site that had content changes, not entire pages.
To create a slice, simply:
Create the slice by adding a
slices/footer.jsfile, or using the
<Slice />component on your site, providing an
aliasstring prop, where
aliasis either name of the file (in our case,
footer). Any additional props passed will be handed down to the underlying component.
To read more, head over to RFC: Slices API. We appreciate any feedback there.
We are proposing Breaking Changes for the next major version of Gatsby to our GraphQL API. The goal of this change is increasing performance and reducing resource usage of builds. Proposed changes impact
sort and aggregation fields (
Basic example of proposed change:
To read more, head over to RFC: Change to sort and aggregation fields API. We appreciate any feedback there.
gatsby-cli: Preserve verbosity in spawn child processes, via PR #36399
gatsby-source-graphql: we have “soft deprecated” this package in favor of other, CMS-specific source plugins
gatsby-plugin-image: Fix bug that prevents
onLoadbeing called on first load, via PR #36375
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- alexlouden: fix(gatsby-plugin-react-helmet): Typo in
onPreInitwarning PR #36419
- axe312ger: chore(docs): MDX v2 PR #35893
- mashehu: chore(docs): fix incorrect closing tag in tutorial PR #36459
- endymion1818: feat(docs): add webiny to headless cms list PR #36388
- that1matt: fix(gatsby-source-graphql): add dataLoaderOptions validation to gatsby-source-graphql PR #36112
- taiga39: chore(docs): Fix some typos PR #36431
- TalAter: chore(docs): Update plugin count in part 3 of the tutorial PR #36455
- ChefYeum: chore(docs): Fix page link to page 6 of remark tutorial PR #36437