v4.17 Release Notes
email@example.com release (June 2022 #2)
Key highlights of this release:
- Incremental builds performance improvements
- Open RFCs
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know if you have any issues.
This was possible by ensuring that we only polyfill required modules based on your browserlist. For full details see PR #35702.
Continuing the performance trend, we also adjusted the way we generate our content digest, resulting in fewer changed nodes and invalidated queries.
In our test case we found invalidated queries were reduced from 40k to 6k, dramatically speeding up incremental builds. See PR #33671 for complete details.
We continue to have ongoing RFCs that we’d like your input on. Please give it a read, if applicable a try, and leave feedback!
- Support for MDX v2: We are updating
gatsby-plugin-mdxto be compatible with MDX v2. Keep a look out in the discussion for a canary to try!
- Metadata Management API: We will be adding a built-in metadata management solution to Gatsby. Work is in progress and you can try out the canary now!
gatsby-source-drupal: Fix not found image urls failing builds, via PR #35855
gatsby-source-wordpress: Refactor option check, via PR #35827
gatsby-transformer-documentationjs: Add support for JSX files, via PR #35899
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- chrispecoraro: Update gatsby-script.md PR #35903
- rutterjt: chore(docs): Add Jest 28
jest-environment-jsdominformation PR #35904
- rudevdr: chore(docs): fix export.createPages to exports.CreatePages in documentation PR #35874
- febeling: chore(gatsby-source-drupal): Document fix for 406 PR #35927
- labifrancis: chore(docs): Add Gatsby Script component to “Adding Analytics” PR #35839
- tsdexter: refactor(gatsby-source-wordpress): move option check within relevant function to ensure enforcement PR #35827
- ElegantStack: chore(docs): add options command to cli reference PR #35815