v4.12 Release Notes
firstname.lastname@example.org release (April 2022 #1)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
The Gatsby core team is running a collection of RFC’s for new features coming to Gatsby. Please review the open RFC’s and share your perspective to help us deliver the best possible experience for Gatsby developers, like you!
- RFC for new Script component in Gatsby - the script component will make it easier to incorporate 3rd party scripts without negatively impacting site performance
- RFC for new Bundler in Gatsby - Gatsby is evaluating other bundlers in order to deliver faster local development and production build speeds
Notable bugfixes & improvements
- Fix React 18 hydration with offline plugin via PR #35319
- Use gatsby root instead of
process.cwd()when initializing cache via PR #35263
- Fix intermittent wrong sort results when sorting on materialized field via PR #35271
- Fix URL encoding issue with DSG urls via PR #35336
- Fix URL encoding issue with SSR urls via PR #35346
create-gatsby: Fix missing site title prompt via PR #35272
gatsby-core-utils: Fix exports map for importing from
distvia PR #35274
gatsby-plugin-sharp: Handle slashes and
..within paths for Windows via PR #35246
gatsby-plugin-utils: Fix path pieces being too long in image URLs and make url safely encoded via PR #35160
gatsby-source-contentful: Handle backreferences on data updates properly via PR #35214
gatsby-source-wordpress: Fix logic for matching image nodes via PR #35324
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- oneknucklehead: chore(babel-preset-gatsby): Updated README to include babel presets PR #35069
- me4502: fix(gatsby): ignore crawlers when prefetching PR #35260
- g00glen00b: fix(gatsby-source-filesystem): use correct hash when using createFileNodeFromBuffer PR #35243
- jasonbosco: chore(docs): Add Typesense as a search engine option PR #35257
- gmourier: chore(docs): Fix Meilisearch spelling PR #35275
- BrunoAderaldo: chore(docs): typo in 4.11 release notes PR #35349
Start building today on Gatsby Cloud!