v4.11 Release Notes
email@example.com release (March 2022 #3)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
We released a new major version of
gatsby-source-shopify 🎉 Thanks to the work of our community member Byron Hill the new version features a bunch of improvements:
- You can now query product videos or 3D models, in addition to product images.
- Variants, Images, etc. now keep the order in which you define them in the Shopify backend.
- Multiple metafield types were merged to one single metafield type (more alignment with Shopify’s admin API schema).
- You can now query presentment prices.
- Explicit type definitions with disabled type inference. Or in other words: You can have no products in your store or a bunch of fields that are
nullwithout breaking your schema or builds.
- The API schema nearly matches the Shopify admin API schema which means that for the most part you can refer to Shopify’s documentation.
The latest RC of React 18 introduced a breaking change in the SSR API. In this release we’re at 100% compatibility again. Right on time for the official React 18 release. Make sure to read How to Try React 18 in Gatsby to get started.
With React 18, you can start using Suspense, React.lazy and get your hands on the new concurrent mode to speed up your Gatsby website. More information can be found on the React blog
gatsby-plugin-utils: Support aspect ratio for Image Service, via PR #35087
gatsby-source-mongodb: Add optional
typePrefixoption to override dbName, via PR #33820
gatsby-cli: Resolve babel preset ts explicitly, via PR #35153
gatsby-plugin-preact: Fix preact alias via PR #35196
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- seanparmelee: feat(gatsby-source-graphql): upgrade apollo & graphql-tools deps PR #34772
- seanho96: chore(docs): Update prismic source graphql tutorial docs PR #35218
- CommanderRoot: refactor: replace deprecated String.prototype.substr() PR #35205
- benackles: chore(docs): Add Deferred Static Generation to glossary PR #35172
- EdPike365: chore(docs): Add context to useScrollRestoration usage PR #35163
- byronlanehill: BREAKING CHANGE(gatsby-source-shopify): Rewrite for media, presentment, schema, etc. PR #34049
- Aviatorscode2: chore(docs): Move
loadable-componentsinstructions PR #35116
- michael-proulx: feat(gatsby-source-mongodb): Add option name to overwrite node middle… PR #33820
- urre: Update broken link PR #35184