Deploying Gatsby Sites to S3 + Cloudfront
Combining Amazon Web Services S3 + Cloudfront provides an enterprise-grade CDN & hosting for Gatsby sites.
When Is S3 + Cloudfront a Good Idea?
S3 + Cloudfront is great for:
- Teams who are already using other AWS services for hosting and storage
- Teams who want enterprise SLA guarantees
- Teams who have bandwidth to maintain deployment pipelines
Cloudfront is not-so-great for:
- Teams who want an out-of-the-box CI/CD pipeline
- Teams who want a simple admin interface
- Teams who need on-premise deployment & hosting
What Does It Take to Implement S3 + Cloudfront?
Combining Amazon Web Services S3 + Cloudfront provides an enterprise-grade CDN & hosting solution for Gatsby sites. To deploy a Gatsby site to S3 + Cloudfront:
- Create an S3 bucket to house the files & configure permissions
- Enable website hosting on the bucket and configure it to point to index.html
- Create an IAM User to authorize uploads & store the access key
- Enable Cloudfront distribution on the S3 bucket
- Configure your Gatsby site to push built files into the S3 bucket