Deploying Gatsby Sites To Netlify
Netlify provides a simple CI + hosting workflow for Gatsby sites. With webhooks and auto-deploys, you can set up Netlify to automatically deploy whenever your code changes.
When Is Netlify a Good Idea?
Netlify is great for:
- Teams who want a simple, automated deployment pipeline
- Teams who want ecosystem tooling around websites, such as forms, A/B testing, and HTTPS.
Netlify is not-so-great for:
- Projects with pre-existing CDN requirements
- Your company requires all tools to be on-premises
What Does It Take to Implement Netlify?
Other hosting solutions often involve managing and configuring deployment pipelines & routing. With Netlify, their platform removes the hassle of managing CI/CD. They take your code and give you back a site.
Hooking up Gatsby to Netlify takes just a few minutes:
- Create a Netlify account
- Connect your Netlify account to your code repository (Github / Gitlab / Bitbucket) via OAuth.
- Set up webhooks between any CMS systems you’re using as a source for your Gatsby site.
- Relax as your website auto-deploys on each code or content change.