Using Gatsby with Drupal
Using Drupal with Gatsby is a great way to get an enterprise-quality CMS for free, paired with a great modern development experience and all the benefits of the JAMstack, like performance, scalability, and security.
When Is Drupal a Good Idea?
Drupal is great for:
- Complex page layouts or content modelling with multiple sections per page
- Teams with multi-stage content creation and review processes
- Development teams who value using popular, open-source technologies
Drupal is not-so-great for:
- Content teams who require a slick content editing experience
- Teams requiring the use of Drupal UI Kit
What Does It Take to Implement Gatsby + Drupal?
Many development teams, content teams, and client decision-makers are familiar with Drupal.
Using Gatsby together with Drupal offers a powerful, full-featured, open-source, and free alternative for expensive enterprise content management systems.
“Decoupled Drupal” has become an increasingly popular approach to building enterprise-grade websites, and has the full-throated support of Drupal community leaders. Using Gatsby in a decoupled Drupal setup allows your team to access the powerful content modeling and access workflow capabilities of Drupal 8, as well as the powerful UI creation & performance toolset of Gatsby.
Hooking up Gatsby to a new or existing Drupal site takes just a few minutes:
- Add our Drupal plugin to your Gatsby site
- Configure the plugin with your Drupal credentials & hosted URL
- Access all your Drupal data using GraphQL queries
Ready to Get Started?
- Get expert help
- Read a Drupal agency’s introduction to Gatsby
- Read Joe Shindelar’s 2018 Drupal Europe slides on Gatsby + Drupal
- Get started with Robert Ngo’s Decoupling Drupal with Gatsby tutorial and watch his Evolving Web 2018 Drupal conference presentation.
- See the source code of an the official Gatsby + Drupal example site or see it live