Closed: VP of Engineering
Join us on our mission to help our customers create blazing fast, compelling websites and apps. We are looking for an experienced leader to scale our engineering organization.
Details of the role
- Type of Work: Full-time employee
- Location: Remote or Berkeley, California
Join us on our mission to help our customers create blazing fast, compelling websites and apps. We are looking for an experienced leader to scale our engineering organization. You will help us achieve operational excellence, organize for success, coach our engineering leaders, and support the insatiable demand of our customers for better ways to make building websites fun and fast.
What we offer
- Small organizational scale with world-changing intentions
- Diverse set of technical challenges
- Passionate open source community with the burgeoning opportunity to build what will satisfy all our paying customers
- Work on a product that all your technical friends want to use
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days of paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you (and your family)
What you will do
- Guide and coach our managers and technical principals who are responsible for developing and operating our organization, software, and systems
- Organize, deliver, and execute on complex projects with an exciting sense of urgency
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to promote and influence strategic product direction
- Build an inclusive, supportive, and equitable environment for all engineers, so they feel valued and empowered to do the best work of their careers
Experience we are seeking
- History of getting things done in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
- Experience fostering high performing engineering teams with just the right amount of ever evolving process
- Experience building and operating an open-source Product & Engineering organization
- Collaborative and able to influence across organizations
- Experience navigating through significant strategic phases of a startup
- Has actively sought and elevated diverse perspectives
GatsbyJS was born in May 2015 as a simple way to build a website with React. Over the last three years, tens of thousands of developers have used Gatsby to build websites from blogs and portfolio pages to company homepages and e-commerce applications.
In early 2018, GatsbyJS core contributors, including creator & lead maintainer Kyle Mathews, formed Gatsby Inc to help website development teams build CMS-powered websites with modern tooling.
Our core values include transparency (we work in public most of the time); creating a safe, high-trust team; building incredible developer experiences; fostering diverse perspectives; maintaining a healthy working environment; and helping deliver web experiences that feel amazing to use on every device and connection type.
How to apply
This application is closed for now.
Our hiring process
Gatsby is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cultivating inclusivity and diversity is a top priority.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.