Now Hiring: Content Marketing Senior Manager
Help guide one of the hottest web frameworks around!
Gatsby is a remote-first, community-focused team working to build a high-performance, fun to use, accessible, and astonishingly flexible presentation layer for any data source. Our core values include transparency (we work in public most of the time); creating a safe, high-trust team; building incredible developer experiences; maintaining a healthy working environment; and helping deliver web experiences that feel amazing to use on every device and connection type.
- Type of work: Full time
- Location: Remote (US-friendly timezone)
- Start date: Immediately
- The Role: We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and oversee production of various types of downloadable content, to expand our company’s digital footprint, brand awareness, followers, and leads. This role will be both creating content and managing the blog calendar. You will be setting the foundation for messaging for the company as we grow. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Writing Project: A paid writing project will be required. We’ve found doing a short project together is the best way to evaluate if this role is a good fit for both of us. We value your time so you will be paid for this project. (anticipate 5-10 hours)
Gatsby is growing fast, and we’re building out the marketing team to support this growth. We need an experienced content creator who’s created content for the developer audience in a previous role and can jump in quickly to guide development of case studies, blog posts, sales enablment materials, and overall content and messaging for Gatsby.
- Lead content marketing initiatives Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads to meet our company KPIs (monthly active users, new leads, and revenue targets). This includes writing case studies, blog posts, sales enablement materials, brochures, managing the blog calendar, and editing as needed.
- Collaborate across functions Collaborates across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- Editorial requirements Oversee editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Manage Editorial Calendar Manage the content strategy for the Gatsby blog, includig working with subject matter experts to craft key posts that align with broader initiatives.
- Ideal candidate has significant experience (i.e. 5+ years) in content creation at a technology company and is familiar with website development tools. Terms such as CMS, CDN, WordPress, Headless CMS, and Drupal should be familiar to you.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Experience creating content for the web, growing a social audience, and writing messaging for a developer (technical) audience.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Should be curious, eager to learn, and ask lots of questions. A willingness to research and learn is more important than already knowing this space.
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of website development — working at one of the fastest-growing website building frameworks on the market, learning about Gatsby’s innovative build system and modern tools such as Node, React, and GraphQL.
- Work from home! We are a fully distributed team, so you can work from anywhere as long as it’s during North America working hours.
- You’ll be part of a high-performing team at a VC-backed startup. The potential for growth and development is great.
- You’ll get the chance to build something from the ground up. You set the priorities and determine the best way forward (with input from the team).
- You’ll be working in a safe, open environment of talented marketers, engineers, and project managers who have a broad range of experience.
- We are still learning how to manage processes at scale, so things are a bit chaotic at times. We don’t have all our systems written down yet.
- Startups like Gatsby are fast-paced and high energy which means we move quickly and adjust often. That might feel overwhelming at times.
- You will likely have to chase someone down to get answers on occasion.
- There’s a lot happening, and it’s not always clear what the priority is.
- Because we’re all remote, it can be challenging to stay connected to the team.
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family (US only)
- Skip the commute with remote work
- Fly to cool locations 3x/year for company-wide meetups
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Gatsby Sabbatical: 4 weeks paid vacation after 4 years tenure
If this is the job for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and sample of your work.
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cultivating inclusivity and diversity is a top priority.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.