Gatsby Days LA Workshop: Intro to Building Accessible Sites with Gatsby
Sunday, February 2, 9am - 5pm @ Convene on S Grand Ave
Intro to Building Accessible Sites with Gatsby
In this workshop you’ll learn how to build fast, accessible sites with Gatsby while paying proper attention to HTML and CSS. You’ll learn the ins and outs of creating accessible Gatsby sites, from server-side rendering and progressive enhancement to integration and unit testing of components and pages.
In this workshop, you’ll learn
- How to set up a basic Gatsby site
- How to remove barriers to access that might prevent people with disabilities from using your applications.
- The necessary tools and techniques for building accessible websites and applications with Gatsby.js.
- Incorporating accessibility at the component level, making sure our UIs are properly unit tested.
- Page-level accessibility requirements for modern web applications, along with the relevant integration test coverage.
What prerequisites skills do you need?
What hardware/software do you need?
Bring a Mac or Windows computer with a text editor, Node, and git installed. If you have a web project you’d like to convert to Gatsby or an existing site to make more accessible, bring it! Otherwise, you can start something from scratch.
About Marcy Sutton
Marcy Sutton is the Head of Learning at Gatsby, a startup creating fast, accessible websites and web-apps while building a strong community. 💜
Previously, she was a Developer Advocate and Senior Frontend Engineer on the axe-core team at Deque Systems, developing tools for web accessibility testing.
Time & Location
Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 9am - 5pm Convene - 333 S Grand Ave, 3rd Floor Los Angeles, CA 90071
Lunch will be provided to all attendees. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org