Gatsby Days LA Workshop: Gatsby 101 (Half-Day)
Sunday, February 2, 9am - 1pm @ Convene on S Grand Ave
Gatsby 101 - Half-Day Workshop
In this workshop, we’ll cover the basics of how to build fast, accessible sites with Gatsby. You’ll learn the ins and outs of creating Gatsby sites, from selecting a starter or theme, using GraphQL to generate data, deploying your site, and more!!
Register for the Intro to Gatsby workshop.
In this workshop, you’ll learn
- How to set up a basic Gatsby site
- When to use a plugin vs starter vs theme
- How to use GraphQL to generate a data layer available to your site’s components
- How to import components in Markdown with MDX
- How CSS and nested layouts work in Gatsby
- How to deploy your site
What hardware/software do you need? Bring a Mac or Windows computer with a text editor, Node, and Git installed. We’ll provide a repository you can use to practice and follow along. Otherwise, you can start something from scratch.
Aisha Blake is a Senior Software Engineer on Gatsby’s Learning team. She’s currently building Title of Conf, a musical tech conference. She also supports her community by co-organizing self.conference and Detroit Speakers in Tech.